Last Updated on October 23, 2022 by Spynaija
Admission into the University of Calabar is grossly competitive as admission is given strictly on a merit basis, this has raised concerns for prospective applicants of what their fate might be thereby prompting them to oftentimes enquire about some of the less competitive courses in UNICAL they can apply for.
However, in this article, we have painstakingly made a list of less competitive courses in UNICAL that you can apply for and be easily considered for admission at the University of Calabar.
Furthermore, these courses are considered less competitive because these departments record fewer applicants to these courses every academic year thereby giving room for more applicants to be considered.
The University of Calabar was founded in 1975 by the then Federal Military Government of Nigeria. It was originally the Calabar campus for the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, but was no longer a campus after it was declared a full-fledged federal university. UNICAL is one of Nigeria’s second-generation established federal universities.
UNICAL courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
UNICAL Admission Requirements For UTME Candidates
To be offered admission into the University of Calabar (UNICAL) through UTME, UNICAL doesn’t only consider the aggregate score of candidates. Below are the requirements for admission to UNICAL:
- Applicants must acquire a minimum score of at least 160 in the JAMB’s UTME examination.
- Applicants must acquire at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. O’level results can be either WASSCE, NECO, GCE or NABTEB results.
- All interested applicants must also take part in the university’s post-UTME screening exercise if the examination is said to be conducted.
- Candidates must make the University of Calabar their first or second choice when applying for admission.
- UNICAL Cut-Off Mark for all Courses
- UNILAG Courses and Requirements
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Master’s Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
Would you like to know a list of less competitive courses in UNICAL you can apply to study? Below is a list of all accredited UNICAL courses that are less competitive and the general admission requirements you need to know.
Less Competitive Courses in UNICAL
Below is a list of less competitive courses in UNICAL and the admission requirements. Kindly click on any of the links representing your course of choice to access the UTME subject combination requirements for either direct entry or WAEC for the preferred course.
- Adult Education
- Agric-Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Animal Science
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Geophysics
- Business Education
- Business Management/ Management Science
- Christian Religious Studies
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Economics
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And History
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Education And Political Science
- Education And Religious Studies
- Education And Social Science
- Education And Social Studies
- Education Arts
- Education Technology
- Educational Administration And Planning
- Educational Foundations
- Educational Technology
- Electronics And Computer Technology
- Elementary Education
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Protection And Resources Management
- Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife Management
- Genetics And Biotechnology
- Geography And Environmental Science
- Guidance And Counselling
- History And International Studies
- Home Economics And Education
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Human Nutrition And Dietetics
- Human Physiology
- Linguistics And Communication Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Physical And Health Education
- Policy And Administrative Studies
- Public Administration
- Public Health Technology
- Pure Chemistry
- Religious Studies
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Social Work
- Soil Science
- Special Education
- Technology And Vocational Education
- Tourism Studies
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the UNICAL’s Bachelor’s degree program either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparation to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided a list of less competitive courses in UNICAL, UNICAL Admission requirements, and other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided the answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.