Last Updated on February 7, 2023 by Spynaija
The University of Lagos (UNILAG), as it is fondly called is an internationally-recognized Nigerian university located in Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria. UNILAG is one of the first five generations of universities in Nigeria and was founded in 1962, exactly two (2) years after independence. It currently has three campuses in mainland Lagos. While two of the campuses are located in Yaba (Akoka’s main campus and the newly created campus at the former school of Radiography site), The university’s medical school is located at Idi-Araba Surulere, Lagos. The main campus is largely surrounded by the Lagos lagoon, sitting on 802 hectares of land. UNILAG remains one of the most competitive and sought-after institutions in Nigeria in terms of admission.
A recent publication of Forbes magazine ranked UNILAG as the 3rd best university in Africa for entrepreneurship after the University of Cape Town, South Africa, and Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, tagging the University of Lagos as the “startup powerhouse” college for Nigerian students.
Also, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), in one of its briefings stated that every academic year, the University of Lagos, is one of the most sought-after universities amongst tertiary education seekers across the country, thus making securing admission to this varsity a very competitive one.
In this article, we have carefully selected some of the less competitive courses you can apply for and easily stand a chance of being considered for admission at the University of Lagos.
However, these courses are termed less competitive not because they are bad courses to study, but because every academic year, the University of Lagos receives fewer applicants for these courses, thus making it less competitive as compared to the likes of Law, Medicine, Engineering and other high-in-demand professional courses. Click here to see the FULL LIST of UNILAG Courses
UNILAG Admission Requirements Through UTME
- Interested applicants must take part in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination UTME and must have acquired a minimum score of 200.
- Applicants must acquire at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. O’level results can be either WAEC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB results.
- UTME candidates must also take part in the university’s POST-UTME screening.
- Applicants must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into the university. If you are not up to 16 yet, you will not be offered admission.
Less Competitive Courses in UNILAG
Below are the less competitive courses you can apply for and easily stand a chance of being considered for admission at the University of Lagos. Kindly click through to see all the JAMB/UTME and Direct entry admission requirements for any of the course(s) of your choice.
- Adult Education
- Business Education
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Chinese Studies
- Christian Religious Knowledge / Studies
- Creative Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Igbo
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Yoruba
- Educational Administration
- English Language
- Guidance and Counseling
- History and Strategic Studies
- Hospitality And Tourism Management
- Human Kinetics
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Insurance and Actuarial Science
- Marine Biology
- Quantity Surveying
- Social Works
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Technical Education
- Urban and Regional Planning
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the UNILAG’s Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we have provided a list of all the less competitive courses in UNILAG for all prospective applicants.
Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help with, and we will reply to you ASAP!!
Help Us Spread The Word, By Sharing This With Your Friends As You Never Can Tell if This Might Be The Information Someone In Your Circle Might Have Been Looking For. Thank You As You Do So.
1 thought on “49 Less Competitive Courses in UNILAG in 2023”
What lesser competitive art courses can I apply for with 214