According to recent data released by the National University Commission (NUC) a regulating body for all tertiary institutions in Nigeria, the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife is one of the most sought-after institutions amongst admission seekers in Nigeria, this, in turn, makes some of the key courses in the varsity to be overly competitive, as admission is strictly on merit basis.
However, in this article, we have made a list of some of the less competitive courses in OAU, which prospective applicants can apply for and stand a chance of being admitted to study at the Obafemi Awolowo University.
Furthermore, these courses are not bad or poor professions but according to our source from the varsity’s admission unit, fewer applicants opt-in for these courses in every academic year thus, making admission to these departments much less competitive unlike its high-in-demand counterparts, the likes of Law, Medicine and Surgery and courses in the faculty of engineering.
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities In Nigeria
OAU Admission Requirements
Below are the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) general admission requirements, interested applicants are advised to take note.
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Applicants with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, or approved equivalents.
- Interested applicants must score at least 200 pass marks in JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Interested applicants are advised to make the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife their first choice in the UTME
- Candidates who scored at least 200 and above in UTME
- Candidates must participate in OAU POST-UTME
Less Competitive Courses in OAU
Below is a list of Less Competitive Courses in OAU and the general admission requirements, kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Applied Geophysics
- Computer Science with (Economics) (Mathematics)
- Computer Science With Economics
- Computer Science with Mathematics
- Crop Production And Protection
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Dentistry and Dental Technology
- Drama / Dramatic / Performing Arts
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and Geography / Physics
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Language Arts
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Music
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Social Studies
- Education and Yoruba
- Education Fine and Applied Arts
- Educational Management
- Family, Nutrition and Consumer Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- Home Economics and Education
- Industrial Chemistry
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- International Relations
- Linguistics and African Languages
- Local Government Administration
- Local Government Studies
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Nutrition And Consumer Services
- Physical and Health Education
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Soil Science
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided a list of Less Competitive Courses in OAU, the admission requirements and other valuable information for all prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.