Gaining admission to study at the prestigious University of Port Harcourt is a very competitive one as it is one of the most sought-after institutions in Nigeria, but however, in this article, we have carefully made a list of less competitive courses in UNIPORT you can apply for in the forth-coming JAMB’s UTME and stand a chance of being considered for admission into the university.
The University of Port-Harcourt, a.k.a UNIPORT is an internationally-recognized Nigerian university located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. UNIPORT was first established as a University College in 1976 and was granted a University status in 1977.
The University of Port-Harcourt, UNIPORT courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC) a body overseeing tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- UNIPORT Cut Off Marks
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
UNIPORT Admission Requirements
- Interested applicants must have reached the age of 16 at the time of registration.
- Candidates must score at least 180 in the JAMB UTME examination.
- Prospective applicants must acquire at least a minimum of 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. O’level results can be either WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB results.
- UTME candidates must also participate in the university’s POST-UTME screening if the examination is conducted.
- Interested applicants must choose the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) their first choice of institution. Second choice candidates will also be considered for admission.
Would you like to know a list of all accredited UNIPORT courses and their requirements you can enrol in? Below is a list of all the accredited UNIPORT courses and requirements you need to look out for.
Less Competitive Courses in UNIPORT
Below is the list of Less Competitive Courses in UNIPORT you can apply for. Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Adult and Non-Formal Education
- Adult Education
- Agric-Economics and Extension
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Animal Science
- Banking and Finance
- Business Education
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Computer with Statistics
- Creative Arts
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- Drama/Dramatic/Performing Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Accountancy
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Social Science
- Education Arts
- Education Foundations and Management
- Education/Fine Art
- Educational / Psychology Guidance and Counselling
- Environmental Technology
- Fine Arts and Design
- Forestry and Wildlife
- Geography and Environmental Management
- History and Diplomatic Studies
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Industrial Chemistry
- Library and Information Science
- Linguistic and Nigerian Languages
- Linguistics and Communication Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mathematics with Computer Science
- Physical Education
- Physics with Electronics
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Political and Administrative Studies
- Primary Education Studies
- Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Pure and Industrial Chemistry
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Science Education
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Social Work
- Theatre and Film Studies
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the UNIPORT’s Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided a list of Less Competitive Courses in UNIPORT, the UNIPORT’s Admission Requirements and other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.