Gaining admission to study at the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka a.k.a UNN is a very competitive one as admission is strictly given on merits. However, in this article, we have carefully made a list of less competitive courses in UNN, the general admission requirements for all prospective applicants. Kindly read through to learn more.
The emergence of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka came after the law to establish a university in the Eastern Region of Nigeria was passed on the 18th of May 1955. While that day marks the precise commencement of the history of the University of Nigeria, the enactment of this law by various Nigerian leaders was inspired particularly by the then Premier of the Eastern Region, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.
UNN was formally opened on 7th October 1960, as the climax to the Nigerian independence celebrations in the Eastern Region. Her Royal Highness, Princess Alexandra of Kent, representing Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II at the Nigerian independence celebrations, performed the opening ceremonies and laid the foundation stone of one of the university’s early buildings. It is the first distinguished and autonomous university in Nigeria based on the American education system. It is Africa’s first land-grant university and one of Nigeria’s five most prestigious universities.
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC) a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
- UNN Courses and Requirements [Full List]
- UNN Cut Off Marks For all courses
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities In Nigeria and their school fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
UNN Admission Requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of at least (5) credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- The candidate must make at least 200 pass marks in JAMB’s UTME to qualify for internal screening by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Less Competitive Courses in UNN
Below is a list of Less Competitive Courses in UNN and the general admission requirements, kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Adult Education.
- Agric Extension Service.
- Agricultural And Bioresources Engineering.
- Agricultural Economics.
- Agricultural Science And Education.
- Animal Science.
- Arts Combined Honours.
- Ba Single And Combined Hons In Modern Languages.
- Biological Sciences.
- Business Education.
- Business Management.
- Computer Education.
- Computer With Statistics.
- Creative Arts.
- Crop Science.
- Early Childhood Education.
- Education And Biology.
- Education And Chemistry.
- Education And Computer Science.
- Education And Economics.
- Education And English Language.
- Education And French.
- Education And Geography.
- Education And History.
- Education And Igbo.
- Education And Integrated Science.
- Education And Mathematics.
- Education And Music.
- Education And Physics.
- Education And Political Science.
- Education And Religious Studies.
- Education And Science.
- Education And Social Science.
- Education And Social Studies.
- Education Arts.
- Education Fine And Applied Arts.
- Estate Management.
- Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts.
- Food Science And Technology.
- French With German/ Russian.
- Guidance And Counselling.
- Health Education.
- Home Economics And Education.
- Home Science.
- Human Anatomy.
- Human Physiology.
- Industrial Technical Education.
- Library And Information Science.
- Linguistics Igbo And Other African Languages.
- Medical Laboratory Science.
- Medical Rehabilitation.
- Nutrition And Dietetics.
- Physical Education.
- Primary Education Studies.
- Public Administration And Local Government.
- Pure And Applied Chemistry.
- Pure And Industrial Chemistry.
- Religious Studies.
- Science Laboratory Technology.
- Social Work.
- Sociology And Anthropology.
- Soil Science.
- Special Education.
- Surveying And Geoinformatics.
- Theatre And Film Studies.
- Urban And Regional Planning.
- Veterinary Medicine.
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided a list of Less Competitive Courses in UNN and the general admission requirements plus other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.