Last Updated on February 7, 2023 by Spynaija
The Lagos State University (LASU) is a state (Lagos) government-managed tertiary institution in Nigeria. LASU is located in Ojo, Lagos State, Nigeria. LASU offers various undergraduate courses/programs. Admission into Lagos State University is a very competitive one, but in this article, we have carefully made a list of less competitive courses in LASU you can apply for and be considered for admission even with a low UTME or Post-UTME examination score.
The university was established in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State, for the advancement of learning and the establishment of academic excellence. The university has an estimated student population of about 35,500 students. LASU offers diploma, degree, and postgraduate programs, including an MBA program in various academic fields. LASU was ranked among the top 600 universities in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2020.
On 23 June 2021, LASU emerged as the best young university in Nigeria having below the age of 50 years to be added. Times Higher Education ranked LASU as the second-best university in Nigeria on the 2nd of September 2020. The university has attracted international funding, including for the establishment of a World Bank Group Africa Centre for Excellence on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
The Lagos State University (LASU) courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know a list of less competitive courses in LASU and the requirements you can enroll in? below is a list of all NUC-accredited less competitive courses in LASU and the requirements you need to know.
- LASU Cut-Off Marks for all Courses
- How to Print JAMB Original Result Slip
- How to Check JAMB results through SMS or with the Registration Number
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution form / Data Correction
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Master’s Degrees
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria
- JAMB CBT accredited centers in Akwa Ibom State
Less Competitive Courses In LASU
Below are all the accredited less competitive courses in LASU and their various requirements, Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Arabic Studies
- Business Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Curriculum Studies
- Drama/Dramatic/Performing Arts
- Early Childhood And Primary Education
- Education And Accountancy
- Education And Arabic
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Christian Religious Studies
- Education And Computer Science
- Education And Economics
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And History
- Education And Islamic Studies
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Education And Political Science
- Education And Yoruba
- Education Language And French
- Educational Foundations
- Educational Management
- Electronics And Computer Engineering
- English Language
- Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts
- Geography And Planning
- Guidance And Counselling
- Health Education
- History And International Studies
- Industrial Relations And Personnel Management
- Islamic Studies
- Local Government And Development Studies
- Peace Studies
- Physical And Health Education
- Public Administration
- Technological Management
- Technology And Vocational Education
- Transport Management Technology
- Yoruba And Communication Arts
LASU General Admission Requirements
Below are the general admission requirements for UTME to LASU, interested applicants are advised to note:
- Interested applicants are expected to acquire a minimum of at least, 5 (five) Credit passes in five core subjects (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result (s). This could be either WAEC/NECO/GCE/ or any equivalent result.
- Interested applicants must have attained the age of 16 as at the time admission is offered.
- Candidates must purchase the LASU POST-UTME Form and must perform excellently well in the examination to be offered admission.
- UTME candidates must make Lagos State University their first choice of institution. LASU does not admit candidates which makes them a second choice of institution.
- To participate in the LASU Post-UTME screening exercise, candidates must have scored at least, 190 in the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board’s UTME examination.
- Candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff mark for their selected courses and departments to be offered admission. CLICK HERE to see all the departmental cut-off marks in LASU.
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided a list of less competitive courses in LASU, admission requirements, and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided the answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
If you think this post might be useful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, or WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are Buttons available for that below, and they are very easy to use!