The University of Ibadan is a public research university in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. The university was founded in 1948 as University College Ibadan, one of many colleges within the University of London. It became an independent university in 1963 and is currently the oldest degree-awarding institution in Nigeria.
The University of Ibadan is made up of 92 academic departments organized into 17 faculties, namely Arts, Science, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Agriculture, the Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Public Health, Dentistry, Economics and Management Sciences, Renewable Natural Resources, Environmental Design and Management, and Multidisciplinary Studies. The Faculties of the Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Public Health and Dentistry are organized as a College of Medicine.
The University has other academic units, among which are: Institute of Child Health, Institute of Education, Institute of African Studies, Centre for Child Adolescent and Mental Health, Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), Institute for Advanced Medical Research and Training (IAMRAT), Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Centre for Drug Discovery, Development & Production (CDDDP) and Centre for Control & Prevention of Zoonosis (CCPZ). The recently established Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI), School of Business (UISB) and National Institute for Maternal, Child & Neonatal Health (NIMCNH) have commenced operation.
Due to the varsity’s reputation and academic feats, the university records a high rate of applicants every academic year, thus making the university one of the most sought-after universities across the country.
In this article, we have carefully selected some of the less competitive courses you can apply for and easily stand a chance of being considered for admission at the University of Ibadan.
However, these courses are termed less competitive not because they are bad courses to study, but because the University of Ibadan receives fewer applicants for these courses every academic year, thus making it less competitive as compared to some high-in-demand courses like Law, Medicine, Engineering and other professional courses.
University Of Ibadan Admission Requirements
- Interested applicants must take part in Unified tertiary and Matriculation Examination UTME and must have acquired a minimum score of 200
- Applicants must acquire at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. O’level results can be either WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB results.
- UTME candidates must also take part in the university’s Post-UTME screening if the examination is said to be conducted.
- Applicants must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into the university. If you are not up to 16 yet, you will not be offered admission.
- Candidates are expected to meet the required admission cutoff mark for their respective courses to be offered admission.
Less Competitive Courses in University Of Ibadan
Below are the less competitive courses you can apply for and easily stand a chance of being considered for admission at the University of Ibadan. Kindly click through to see all the JAMB/UTME and Direct entry admission requirements for any of the course(s) of your choice.
- Adult Education
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
- Agricultural Economics.
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science.
- Anthropology (Biological)
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management.
- Arabic Language and Literature.
- Archaeology (Single Honor)
- Botany and Microbiology.
- Classical Studies.
- Communication and Language Arts.
- Communication And Language Arts Education.
- Early Childhood Education.
- Eco-Tourism and Wildlife Management.
- Education and Arabic.
- Education and Biology.
- Education and Chemistry.
- Education and Economics.
- Education and English Language.
- Education and French.
- Education and Geography.
- Education and History.
- Education and Islamic Studies.
- Education and Physics.
- Education and Political Science.
- Education and Religious Studies.
- Education and Yoruba.
- Educational Management.
- English Language and Literature.
- Food Technology.
- Forestry / Forest Resources Management.
- French with German / Russian.
- German Combined with French, Russian.
- Guidance and Counseling.
- Health Education.
- Human Kinetics.
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Industrial Chemistry.
- International Relations.
- Islamic Studies.
- Library and Information Studies.
- Religious Studies.
- Russian with French / German.
- Special Education.
- Teacher Education Science.
- Theatre Arts.
If you’ve found your desired course, you can enrol in the University of Ibadan’s Bachelor’s degree program either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that the candidates admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided a list of less competitive courses in University Of Ibadan and their admission requirements and some valuable information for prospective students. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.