Last Updated on July 29, 2023 by Spynaija
Getting admission to study at the prestigious University of UYO is very competitive; this can be traced to the institution’s overall academic standard and admission criteria. But then, there are some less competitive courses in UNIUYO that a prospective student can apply for and stand a chance of being considered for admission. So in this article, we have made available a list of less competitive courses at UNIUYO. Kindly read through to learn more.
The University of Uyo is a federal government-owned university located in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, Nigeria.
There are four (4) campuses at UNIUYO, namely the Permanent Site, which is the Main Campus. The permanent site houses parts of the central administration, the Faculty of Engineering and Natural and Applied Sciences, the International Center for Energy Research and environmental sustainability (ICER), and also the postgraduate school.
The Faculty of Arts, Education, Social Sciences, and Pharmacy is located at the Town Campus of the university. The faculties of agriculture, business economics, law, environmental sciences, and general studies are housed on the Annex campus. The Ime Umana campus at Ediene Abak, Abak Local Government Area, accommodates the JUPEB, Pre-Degree, and other special courses.
The University of Uyo offers various undergraduate courses/programs. UNIUYO Courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know a list of less competitive courses in UNIUYO and the requirements you can enroll in? Below is a list of all NUC-accredited, less competitive courses in UNIUYO. Kindly click through to see all the admission requirements for each course.
We earlier listed a full list of all the courses available at the University of Uyo. You can find it HERE
- UNIUYO Cut Off Marks For all Courses
- UNIUYO Post-UTME Screening Form For 2021/2022
- How to Print JAMB Original Result Slip
- How to Check JAMB result through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution form / Data Correction
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Master’s Degree
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria
- JAMB CBT accredited centers in Akwa Ibom State
List Of Less Competitive Courses in UNIUYO
- Agric-Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Animal And Environmental Biology
- Animal Science
- Banking And Finance
- Botany And Ecological Studies
- Building Technology
- Business Education
- Business Management
- Communication Arts
- Computer Education
- Curriculum Studies
- Crop Science
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Economics
- Education And Efik/Ibibio
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And History
- Education And Integrated Science
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Music
- Education And Physics
- Education And Political Science
- Education And Religious Studies
- Education And Science
- Education And Social Science
- Education And Social Studies
- Education Arts
- Education Technology
- Education/Fine Art
- Estate Management
- Fine And Industrial Arts
- Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Fisheries And Aquatic Environment Management
- Food Engineering
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife
- Geography And Regional Planning
- Guidance And Counselling
- Health Education
- History And International Studies
- Home Economics
- Home Economics And Education
- Land Surveying And Geoinformatics
- Library Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Physical Education
- Pre-Primary And Primary Education
- Quantity Surveying
- Religious And Cultural Studies
- Sociology And Anthropology
- Soil Science
- Special Education
- Technical Education
- Theatre Arts
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Vocational Education
UNIUYO General Admission Requirements
Below are all the admission requirements for prospective UNIUYO students:
- Interested applicants must score a minimum of at least 150 in UTME.
- Applicants must acquire a minimum of at least 5 credits, including Mathematics and English Language, including their courses’ core subjects in WASSCE/NECO, GCE, or its equivalent.
- Kindly note that UNIUYO only admits candidates who made the University of Uyo their first choice institution in UTME.
- All O’level results must not be more than 2 sittings.
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a mandatory screening test for all eligible applicants.
In this article, we provided a list of less competitive courses in UNIUYO, admission requirements, and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.