To study Psychology in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Psychology is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Psychology before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Psychology
- JAMB Subject Combination for Psychology
- Direct Entry Requirements for Psychology
- UTME Requirements for Psychology
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Psychology:
- Any one (1) other subject either from Arts or Social Science
WAEC Requirements for Psychology:
Interested applicants are expected to acquire the minimum requirement of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- Government or History
- English Language and three other subjects.
- At least a “pass” in Mathematics is required
Direct Entry Requirements for Psychology:
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least two (2) A-Level passes including Government or History.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Psychology. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Psychology:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Benue State University – BSU
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Coal City University, Enugu, Enugu State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Delta State University – DELSU
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Imo State – EPU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Ekiti State University – EKSU
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State – GOUU
- Imo State University – IMSU
- Lagos State University – LASU
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno State – NAUB
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State – NDA
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State – PLASU
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu, Enugu State
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Jos – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Psychology either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.