To study Pharmacy in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Pharmacy is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore it is ideal to know the prerequisites requirements and also the required JAMB subject combination to help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacy before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Pharmacy
- JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacy
- Direct Entry Requirements for Pharmacy
- UTME Requirements for Pharmacy
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Pharmacy
Applicants are advised to note that, Use of English is compulsory for all the courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course of study.
JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacy:
WAEC Requirements for Pharmacy:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Chemistry and Biology.
Direct Entry Requirements for Pharmacy:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology, and Physics or Mathematics plus UTME requirements
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Pharmacy. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Pharmacy in Nigeria.
These are all the NUC approved and accredited Nigerian Universities you can apply to study Pharmacy.
- Abia State University -ABSU
- Ahmadu Bello University -ABU
- Bayero University Kano -BUK
- Bingham University -BINGHAM
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University -COOU
- Delta State University -DELSU
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology -ESUTECH
- Gombe State University -GOMSU
- Gregory University, Uturu -GUU
- Igbinedion University -IUO
- Kaduna State university -KASU
- Madonna University -MADONNA
- Niger Delta University -NDU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University -UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University -OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University -OOU
- University of Benin -UNIBEN
- University of Ibadan -UI
- University of Ilorin -UNILORIN
- University of Jos -UNIJOS
- University of Lagos -UNILAG
- University of Maiduguri -UNIMAID
- University of Nigeria -UNN
- University of Port-Harcourt -UNIPORT
- University of Uyo -UNIUYO
- Usmanu Dan Fodio University -UDUSOK
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Pharmacy either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacy, WAEC subjects for Pharmacy including other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.