To study Petroleum Engineering in any accredited university in Nigeria, here are the Jamb and Waec subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Aside from Law, Medicine, and Surgery, Petroleum Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination For Petroleum Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Petroleum Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Petroleum Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Petroleum Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
UTME, O’Level and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Petroleum Engineering.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all the courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum Engineering:
Direct Entry Requirements for Petroleum Engineering:
- To apply for petroleum engineering as a direct entry candidate, aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least a minimum of “A” Level passes in these subjects; physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
O’Level Requirements for Petroleum Engineering:
- Interested candidates are expected to possess at least a minimum of five (5) WASSCE credits including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, and any other relevant subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Petroleum Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
NUC accredited Nigerian Universities Offering Petroleum Engineering.
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Akwa Ibom State University – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Delta State University – DELSU
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State – FUPRE
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO