Last Updated on December 1, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Petroleum Engineering in any NUC accredited university in Nigeria, here are the Jamb and Waec subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Aside from Law, Medicine, and Surgery, Petroleum Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination For Petroleum Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Petroleum Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Petroleum Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Petroleum Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Requirements to Study Petroleum Engineering
Applicants are advised to note that, Use of English is compulsory for all the courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course of study.
JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum Engineering:
Direct Entry Requirements for Petroleum Engineering:
- To apply for petroleum engineering as a direct entry candidate, aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least a minimum of “A” Level passes in these subjects; physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
WAEC Requirements for Petroleum Engineering:
- Interested candidates are expected to possess at least a minimum of five (5) WASSCE credits including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, and any other relevant subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Petroleum Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Nigerian Universities Offering Petroleum Engineering
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Akwa Ibom State University – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Delta State University – DELSU
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State – FUPRE
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree program for Petroleum Engineering in any of the above-listed universities either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum Engineering, WAEC subjects for Petroleum Engineering including other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.