Last Updated on April 12, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Pharmacology in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Pharmacology is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacology before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Pharmacology
- JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacology
- Direct Entry Requirements for Pharmacology
- UTME Requirements for Pharmacology
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Pharmacology
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacology:
WAEC Requirements for Pharmacology:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Chemistry & Biology
Direct Entry Requirements for Pharmacology:
- Interested applicants must acquire at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in any of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology plus UTME entry requirements.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Pharmacology. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Pharmacology in Nigeria:
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State – BASU
- Eko University Of Medicine And Health Sciences, Ijanikin, Lagos State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.