Last Updated on April 12, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Medical Laboratory Science in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Medical Laboratory Science is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Medical Laboratory Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
- Direct Entry Requirements for Medical Laboratory Science
- UTME Requirements for Medical Laboratory Science
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Medical Laboratory Science
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science:
WAEC Requirements for Medical Laboratory Science:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Chemistry and Biology
Direct Entry Requirements for Medical Laboratory Science:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least an ‘A’ level passes to include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Medical Laboratory Science. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Medical Laboratory Science:
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State – AUE
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Atiba University, Oyo, Oyo State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences, Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State – OSUMS
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Rhema University, Aba, Abia State
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.