Last Updated on March 30, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Fine And Applied Art in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Fine And Applied Art is a competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Fine And Applied Art before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Fine And Applied Art
- JAMB Subject Combination for Fine And Applied Art
- Direct Entry Requirements for Fine And Applied Art
- UTME Requirements for Fine And Applied Art
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
UTME Requirements for Fine And Applied Art
- Mathematics and Fine Art/Physics
WAEC Requirements for Fine And Applied Art:
Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE passes to include:
- English Language
- Fine Arts and two (2) others from social science subject. Mathematics, Arts and one Social Science subject.
For NTC the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall Handling, Colour Mixing/ For NTC the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Decorative Painting; Spray
Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall Handling, Colour Mixing/Matching, and Glazing; Graphic Painting; Ceramics; Basic Electricity; Building/Engineering Drawing.
Direct Entry Requirement for Fine And Applied Art:
Interested applicants must acquire the following:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Fine Arts/Technical Drawing and any one of Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- ND/HND credit in Fine Arts.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Fine And Applied Art. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Fine And Applied Art in Nigerian:
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – Delsu
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.