To study Medicine and Surgery in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Medicine and Surgery is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine and Surgery before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Medicine and Surgery
- JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine and Surgery
- Direct Entry Requirements for Medicine and Surgery
- UTME Requirements for Medicine and Surgery
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Medicine and Surgery
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine and Surgery:
WAEC Requirements for Medicine and Surgery:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
Direct Entry Requirements for Medicine and Surgery:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology in addition to the UTME requirements.
- You need either BSC, BOS, etc in any relevant/related program.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Medicine and Surgery. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s FREE.
Universities Offering Medicine and Surgery.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Eko University Of Medicine And Health Sciences, Ijanikin, Lagos State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe, Gombe State – GSU
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences, Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State – OSUMS
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State – YSU
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Medicine and Surgery either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.