Last Updated on April 17, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Education and Physics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Education and Physics is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Education and Physics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Education and Physics
- JAMB Subject Combination for Education and Physics
- Direct Entry Requirements for Education and Physics
- UTME Requirements for Education and Physics
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Education and Physics
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Education and Physics:
- Mathematics or Chemistry plus one (1) other relevant subject.
WAEC Requirements for Education and Physics:
Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of at least five (5)’O’ Level credits passes to include;
- English Language
- Mathematics and two (2) other Science subjects or NTC/NBC.
Direct Entry Requirements for Education and Physics:
Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of at least;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
- NCE credit/merit in relevant subjects.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Education and Physics. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Education and Physics:
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa State – ADSU
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos State
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State – BASU
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – CRUTECH
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State – GOUU
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe, Gombe State – GSU
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State – KSUSTA
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- National Open University Of Nigeria, Lagos State – NOUN
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- Sokoto State University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – Sosu
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa State
- Tai Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State – TASUED
- Taraba State University, Jalingo, Taraba State – TSUJ
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina, Katsina State – UMYUK
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT – UNIABUJA
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Veritas University, Abuja, FCT
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State – YSU
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano, Kano State – Maitama
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.