Last Updated on March 15, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Creative Arts in any accredited university in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Creative Arts before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Creative Arts
- JAMB Subject Combination for Creative Arts
- Direct Entry Requirements for Creative Arts
- UTME Requirements for Creative Arts
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
O’Level, Direct Entry, and JAMB UTME Requirements for Creative Arts
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Creative Arts
- Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts subjects or Social Science subjects.
O’Level Requirements for Creative Arts
- Interested candidates are required to acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English Language and Fine Arts. For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Woodwork, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction; Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing; General Metal Work, Basic Electricity, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing, and Finishing; Graphic Design; Graphics Printing and Ceramics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Creative Arts
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
- ND, upper credit HND lower credit from recognized institutions.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Creative Arts. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
All NUC Accredited Nigerian Universities Offering Creative Arts:
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.