To study Petroleum and Gas Engineering in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Petroleum and Gas Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum and Gas Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum and Gas Engineering:
O’Level Requirements for Petroleum and Gas Engineering:
Interested candidates are required to possess a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE/NECO credits to include:
- English Language, and any one relevant Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements for Petroleum and Gas Engineering:
- Interested candidates are required to possess a minimum of ‘A’ level passes to include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Petroleum And Gas Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s completely FREE.
Universities Offering Petroleum And Gas Engineering in Nigeria:
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State -NMU
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.