Computer Engineering is one of the most sought-after courses by admission seekers into any tertiary institution across the country. This makes Computer Engineering a very competitive course across several institutions, so applicants who are in possession of the right information about all the needed admission requirements which include the JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering, the WAEC subject requirements and also the Direct Entry requirements will be at the advantage as this will serve as a guide to avoiding all unnecessary mistakes during the registration process.
To Study Computer Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic, kindly read through to know the WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering and every other admission requirement you need to know.
Carefully read through to know all the requirements you need to apply for Computer Engineering either through the UTME or Direct Entry.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Computer Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Computer Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Computer Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Computer Engineering
Applicants are advised to note that, Use of English is compulsory for all the courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course of study.
JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering:
WAEC Requirements for Computer Engineering:
- Applicants applying to study Computer Engineering must acquire a minimum of at least credit passes or its equivalent to include Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and English Language.
Direct Entry Requirement for Computer Engineering:
- Direct entry applicants must acquire at least three (3) A-Level passes in Pure Mathematics or Pure and Applied Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Computer Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s completely FREE.
Universities Offering Computer Engineering
These are all the NUC approved and accredited Nigerian Universities you can apply to study Computer Engineering.
- Abia State University – ABSU
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State – Achievers
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- American University Of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State – AUN
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University– EKSU
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology – ESUTECH
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – FUTA
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State – FED-OYE EKITI
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Kwara State University– KWASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology– RSUST
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Lagos– UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree program for Computer Engineering in any of the above-listed universities either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering, WAEC subjects for Computer Engineering including other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.