To study Computer Engineering in any NUC accredited university in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE Subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Computer Engineering is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Computer Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Computer Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Computer Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Computer Engineering
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Engineering:
WAEC Requirements for Computer Engineering:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- Further Mathematics
- Physics and English Language.
Direct Entry Requirement for Computer Engineering:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Pure Mathematics or Pure and Applied Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Computer Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s completely FREE.
Universities Offering Computer Engineering:
- Abia State University – ABSU
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State – Achievers
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- American University Of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State – AUN
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University– EKSU
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology – ESUTECH
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – FUTA
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State – FED-OYE EKITI
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Kwara State University– KWASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology– RSUST
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Lagos– UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Computer Engineering either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.