Last Updated on December 2, 2022 by Spynaija
To study Biological Sciences in any NUC-accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Biological Sciences is one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Sciences before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Master’s Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Biological Sciences
- JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Sciences
- Direct Entry Requirements for Biological Sciences
- UTME Requirements for Biological Sciences
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Biological Sciences
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Sciences
- And Physics or Mathematics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Biological Sciences
- Two (2) A-Level passes to include one (1) of Botany, Zoology, Biology, or Chemistry.
- ND/NCE in related program/subject.
WAEC Requirements for Biological Sciences
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE Credit passes to include; English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and any other Science subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Biological Sciences. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Biological Sciences
Below are all the accredited institutions offering Biological Sciences in Nigeria. Kindly click on any of the universities you wish to apply to see their requirements for Biological Sciences and other courses.
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State – AUE
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos, Lagos State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – CRUTECH
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State – FUNAAB
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State – GOUU
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe, Gombe State – GSU
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State – KSUSTA
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State – MAUTY
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State – NDA
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- Veritas University, Abuja, FCT
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State – YSU
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided the JAMB Subject combination for Biological Sciences and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.