Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by Spynaija
To study Agricultural Engineering in any NUC-accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Agricultural Engineering is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Cost Of Living in Canada for International students
- How to Print JAMB Original Result Slip
- How to Check JAMB result through SMS or with the Registration Number
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution form / Data Correction
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Master’s Degrees
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Schools with Options
FUTO offers Agricultural Engineering with options in:
- Soil & Water Engineering Technology.
- Farm Power and Machinery Engineering Technology.
- Crop processing & Storage Technology
JAMB UTME Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
Applicants are advised to note that, Use of English Language is compulsory for all courses in JAMB while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to their chosen course.
JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering:
The UTME subjects needed to study Agricultural Engineering are;
WAEC Requirements for Agricultural Engineering:
- Interested applicants must acquire at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and anyone from Introduction to Agricultural Science or Materials & Workshop Process and Machining, Tractor Layout Power Unit Under Carriage and Auto Electricity, Transmission System, Implement and Machine, Principles of Crop Husbandry and Land Use, Materials and Workshop Processes; Construction and Maintenance of Agricultural Machines; general Metal Work; General Wood Work and Building/Engineering Drawing.
Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural Engineering:
- Direct entry applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
- NCE applicants must acquire ND/HND upper credit at appropriate levels.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Agricultural Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s FREE.
Universities Offering Agricultural Engineering:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State – AUE
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – ABU
- Akwa Ibom State University – AKSU
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State – FUNAAB
- The Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – FUTA
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Imo State University – IMSU
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Benin – UNIBEN
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Agricultural Engineering through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering, and WAEC subjects for Agricultural Engineering including other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided the answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
If you think this post might be useful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, or WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are Buttons available for that below and they are very easy to use!