To study Agricultural Engineering in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Agricultural Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Schools with Options
FUTO offers this course with options in:
- Soil & Water Engineering Technology.
- Farm Power and Machinery Engineering Technology.
- Crop processing & Storage Technology
UTME, O’Level and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Agricultural Engineering
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering:
O’Level Requirements for Agricultural Engineering:
- Five (5) WASSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one from Introduction to Agricultural Science or Materials & Workshop Process and Machining, Tractor Layout Power Unit Under Carriage and Auto Electricity, Transmission System, Implement and Machine, Principles of Crop Husbandry and Land Use, Materials and Workshop Processes; Construction and Maintenance of Agricultural Machines; general Metal Work; General Wood Work and Building/Engineering Drawing.
Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural Engineering:
- A-Level passes or equivalent in Physics and Mathematics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Agricultural Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s FREE.
Universities Offering Agricultural Engineering:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State – AUE
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – ABU
- Akwa Ibom State University – AKSU
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State – FUNAAB
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – FUTA
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Imo State University – IMSU
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Benin – UNIBEN
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Agricultural Engineering either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.