Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by Spynaija
In this article, you will get to know the official OAU Admission Requirements for Medicine and Surgery, OAU general admission requirements, and every other information you need to know as a prospective medical student.
The Obafemi Awolowo University Ile, Ife is a globally recognized tertiary institution, located in the ancient city of Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. OAU as fondly called by many was founded in 1961 as the University of Ife by the then-regional government of Western Nigeria. The university opened its doors for academic activities in October 1962.
OAU courses are all accredited by the National University Commission (NUC). Obafemi Awolowo University offers academic programs at the degree, postgraduate(PGD), doctoral, and masters degree level
Just like Law, admission into the Obafemi Awolowo University College of medicine is a very competitive one. Interested applicants are advised to perform excellently both in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) and also the OAU POST-UTME screening test. Kindly read through to know the subject combinations and admission requirements to study medicine and surgery at OAU.
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
OAU Admission Requirements for Medicine and Surgery
To study Medicine and Surgery at the Obafemi Awolowo University, candidates are expected to meet the following admission requirements:
- Interested applicants must take part in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) and must have acquired a minimum score of 280 and above.
- Applicants must obtain at least 5 credits with (English, Mathematics and Physics, Chemistry and Biology inclusive) in their O’level results in not more than two sittings.
- The candidate must take part in the OAU POST-UTME screening exercise and must have obtained the department’s cut-off mark
OAU General Admission Requirements
Below are all the official admission requirements at the Obafemi Awolowo University, interested applicants are advised to take note.
- Interested candidates must take part in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) also must have made a minimum score of 200
- Applicants must obtain at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must also take part in the OAU’s compulsory POST-UTME screening test
- Applicants must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into the university. If you are not up to 16 yet, you will not be granted admission.
- Candidates are expected to meet the required admission cutoff mark for their respective courses to be offered admission.
- Candidates must also come with a letter of reference written by any reputable person from either their guidance or community.
OAU Direct Entry Requirements for Medicine and Surgery.
Below are all the official direct entry admission requirements at the Obafemi Awolowo University, interested applicants are advised to take note.
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) credits including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry in not more than two sittings.
- Obafemi Awolowo University accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours in a relevant discipline (Sciences).
N/B: As of now, OAU does not accept IJMB for admission into 200L medicine and surgery.
We earlier listed all the official admission for the faculty of Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University, you might also want to check it out HERE.
Above, we made available all the OAU admission requirements for Medicine and Surgery, the OAU general admission requirements for UTME candidates, and the OAU Direct Entry admission requirements for Medicine and Surgery. Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help with, and we will reply to you ASAP!!
Help us spread the word, by using the available button below to share this with your friends as you never can tell if this might be the information someone in your circle might have been looking for. Thank you as you do so.