Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by Spynaija
Medicine and Surgery is one of the most competitive and most sought-after courses by admission seekers in the country, reasons could be because the medical career is considered one of the high-in-demand, one of the highly paid and revered professions around the world, thus every academic year, most universities receive thousands of applicants vying to study Medicine and Surgery, thereby making the courses highly competitive.
However, one of the steps to acing in the admission process is being adequately informed at the right time, but then, in this article, we will give you a brief of what being a medical practitioner entails the WAEC subjects for medicine and surgery, and every other information you’d be needing to be ahead of your peers.
What is Medicine and Surgery Course all about?
Medicine and Surgery is the field of study where proven scientific measures are engaged in order to either treat diseases, prevent diseases, and also improve the standard or quality of life. An individual who studied Medicine and Surgery is called a Doctor.
What are the WAEC Subjects For Medicine and Surgery?
Listed below are the top 5 core WAEC subjects for medicine and surgery, therefore any deficiency in any of the below-mentioned WAEC subjects will automatically disqualify any applicant wishing to study medicine and surgery at any Nigerian university.
You need to narrow your focus and attention to these listed five (5) WAEC subjects if you want to study medicine and surgery at any Nigerian university. Kindly click on the subjects to see their individual JAMB and Direct entry requirements.
Interested applicants are expected to acquire a minimum of at least a credit pass in the above subjects, applicants are also expected to perform excellently well in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized annually by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) as a prerequisite requirement for candidates seeking for admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
Nigerian Universities To Study Medicine And Surgery
These are all the NUC-accredited Nigerian Universities Offering Medicine And Surgery.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Eko University Of Medicine And Health Sciences, Ijanikin, Lagos State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State – Fed-Dutse
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe, Gombe State – GSU
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja – Nile
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences, Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State – OSUMS
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UNIBADAN
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State – YSU
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree program for Medicine and Surgery in any of the above-listed universities either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided the top 5 core WAEC subjects for Medicine and Surgery for all prospective applicants. Is there anything else you think we missed out on? let’s hear your thoughts in the comment section.
Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help with, and we will reply to you ASAP!!
Help Us Spread The Word, By Sharing This With Your Friends As You Never Can Tell if This Might Be The Information Someone In Your Circle Might Have Been Looking For. Thank You As You Do So.