Last Updated on December 2, 2021 by Spynaija
This page provides a list of all accredited UNICAL Courses and Requirements you need to know. If you wish to apply through UTME (JAMB) or direct entry, kindly click on any of the preferred course(s) to see all the course requirements you need to look out for.
The University of Calabar was founded in 1975 by the then Federal Military Government of Nigeria. It was originally the Calabar campus for the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, but was no longer a campus after it was declared a full-fledged federal university. UNICAL is one of Nigeria’s second-generation established federal universities.
UNICAL courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
The aim of university academic programs is to provide a solid and broad university foundation to base future intellectual and professional activities at the undergraduate level. The university, therefore, offers accredited programs or courses and officially recognized degree programs such as undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies in various fields.
We recently made a list of less competitive courses in UNICAL, you can find it HERE
UNICAL Admission Requirements For UTME Candidates
To be offered admission into the University of Calabar (UNICAL) through UTME, UNICAL doesn’t only consider the aggregate score of candidates. Below are the requirements for admission to UNICAL:
- Candidates must score up to 160 in the JAMB UTME examination.
Applicants must acquire at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. O’level results can be either WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB results.
UTME candidates must also take part in the university’s POST-UTME screening if the examination is said to be conducted.
Candidates must have at least five (5) credits including English and Mathematics in their O’level result.
- Candidates must make the University of Calabar their first or second choice when applying for admission.
- UNICAL Cut Off Mark for all Courses
- UNILAG Courses and Requirements
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
Would you like to know a list of all the accredited courses you can study at the University of Calabar? Below is a list of all accredited UNICAL courses and requirements you need to know.
UNICAL Courses and Requirements
Below are all the accredited UNICAL Courses and Requirements. Kindly click on any of the links representing your course of choice to access the UTME subjects combination requirements for either direct entry or WAEC for the preferred course.
- Adult Education
- Agric-Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Animal Science
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Geophysics
- Banking And Finance
- Business Education
- Business Management/ Management Science
- Christian Religious Studies
- Civil Law
- Computer Science
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Economics
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And History
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Education And Political Science
- Education And Religious Studies
- Education And Social Science
- Education And Social Studies
- Education Arts
- Education Technology
- Educational Administration And Planning
- Educational Foundations
- Educational Technology
- Electronics And Computer Technology
- Elementary Education
- English And Literary Studies
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Protection And Resources Management
- Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife Management
- Genetics And Biotechnology
- Geography And Environmental Science
- Guidance And Counselling
- History And International Studies
- Home Economics And Education
- Human Anatomy
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Human Nutrition And Dietetics
- Human Physiology
- Library And Information Science
- Linguistics And Communication Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine And Surgery
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Physical And Health Education
- Policy And Administrative Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Technology
- Pure Chemistry
- Religious Studies
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Social Work
- Soil Science
- Special Education
- Technology And Vocational Education
- Theatre Arts
- Tourism Studies
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the accredited UNICAL Courses and their requirements, UNICAL Admission requirements and some valuable information for prospective students. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.