Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by Spynaija
In this article, we have listed all the UNIUYO Courses and their requirements, but first of all, let’s get you informed about when the varsity was established and every other thing you need to know about the university of Uyo.
The University of Uyo was formerly known as the Cross River State University until October 1st, 1991 when its name was changed to the University of Uyo after being established as a Federal University by the Nigerian Federal Government. UNIUYO as it is fondly called is located in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom, Nigeria.
The university then inherited the students, staff, academic programs, and all facilities of the former Cross River State University, founded by the Cross River State Government in 1983.
UNIUYO currently has about 13 faculties, a postgraduate school, and a secondary school.
There are four (4) campuses at UNIUYO, namely the Permanent Site which is the Main Campus, the permanent site houses parts of the central administration, the Faculty of Engineering and Natural and Applied Sciences, the International Center for Energy Research and environmental sustainability (ICER), and also the postgraduate school.
The Faculty of Arts, Education, Social Sciences, and Pharmacy is located at the Town Campus of the university. The faculties of agriculture, business economics, law, environmental sciences, and general studies are housed on the Annex campus. The Ime Umana campus at Ediene Abak, Abak Local Government Area, accommodates the JUPEB, Pre-Degree, and other special courses.
The University of Uyo offers various undergraduate courses/programs. UNIUYO Courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC) a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know a list of UNIUYO Courses and their requirements you can enroll in? Below is a list of all NUC-accredited UNIUYO courses and requirements you need to look out for.
We also made a list of some less competitive courses in UNIUYO you can find it HERE
- UNIUYO Cut-Off Marks For all Courses
- UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses and Admission Requirements
- UNIUYO Post-UTME Screening Form For 2021/2022
- How to Print JAMB Original Result Slip
- How to Check JAMB result through SMS or with the Registration Number
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution form / Data Correction
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria
- JAMB CBT accredited centers in Akwa Ibom State
UNIUYO Courses and Requirements
Below is a list of all UNIUYO Courses and their requirements, kindly click on any of the course(s) you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Agric-Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Animal And Environmental Biology
- Animal Science
- Banking And Finance
- Botany And Ecological Studies
- Business Education
- Business Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Communication Arts
- Computer Education
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Curriculum Studies
- Crop Science
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Economics
- Education And Efik/Ibibio
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And History
- Education And Integrated Science
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Music
- Education And Physics
- Education And Political Science
- Education And Religious Studies
- Education And Science
- Education And Social Science
- Education And Social Studies
- Education Arts
- Education Technology
- Education/Fine Art
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- English Language
- Estate Management
- Fine And Industrial Arts
- Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Fisheries And Aquatic Environment Management
- Food Engineering
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife
- Geography And Regional Planning
- Guidance And Counselling
- Health Education
- History And International Studies
- Home Economics
- Home Economics And Education
- Human Anatomy
- Land Surveying And Geoinformatics
- Library Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine And Surgery
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Pre-Primary And Primary Education
- Quantity Surveying
- Religious And Cultural Studies
- Sociology And Anthropology
- Soil Science
- Special Education
- Technical Education
- Theatre Arts
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Vocational Education
Newly Accredited Courses in UNIUYO
Below is a list of all the new NUC-accredited undergraduate courses in UNIUYO and their respective faculties. Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
|Industrial Technology Education||Faculty of Education|
|Dental Surgery||Faculty of Clinical Sciences|
|Nursing Science||Faculty of Clinical Sciences|
|Radiography and Radiation Science||Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences|
|Physiotherapy||Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences|
|Medical Laboratory Science||Faculty of Basic Medical Science|
UNIUYO Admission Requirements
Below are all the admission requirements for prospective UNIUYO students:
- Applicants must score a minimum of at least 150 in UTME.
- Aspirants must acquire a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language including their courses’ core subjects in WASSCE/NECO, GCE, or its equivalent.
- UNIUYO only admits candidates who made UNIUYO their first choice institution in UTME.
- All O’level results must not be more than 2 sittings.
- Interested applicants must have attained the age of 16 as at the time admission is offered.
- Candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff mark for their courses and departments to be offered admission. CLICK HERE to see all the departmental cut-off marks
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the NUC-accredited UNIUYO courses, admission requirements, and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
If you think this post might be useful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, or WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are buttons available for that below and they are very easy to use!