Every type of organization in every industry has one thing in common – there’s an accounting department somewhere in the company. Accounting is a career that has undergone economic and social change, as well as significant technological changes. As an accountant, you are principally responsible for conducting financial administration. The demands of this profession include collecting, recording, and reporting data based on sound accounting policies.
To study Accounting in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combinations and requirements.
Accounting is one of the most competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB Subject Combination for Accounting will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Accounting
- JAMB Subject Combination for Accounting
- Direct Entry Requirements for Accounting
- UTME Requirements for Accounting
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Accounting
Note That English Language is compulsory for All Courses in UTME
JAMB Subject Combination for Accounting:
WAEC Requirements for Accounting:
- Applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any other two (2) relevant subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Accounting:
- Direct entry applicants require at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen either from Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Government, and Geography.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Accounting. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s FREE.
Universities Offering Accounting
Below is a list of all NUC accredited Nigerian universities you can apply to study Accounting.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin, Akwa Ibom State. -AKSU
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Admiralty University Of Nigeria, Ibusa, Delta State – ADUN
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – ABU
- American University Of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State – AUN
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State – BASU
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State – CARITAS
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – CRUTECH
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Imo State – EPU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State – ELIZADE
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology – ESUTECH
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Igbinedion University
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kwararafa University
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Nile University -NILE
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State – PLASU
- Rivers State University – RSUST
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State – SAU
- Skyline University Nigeria, Kano, Kano State
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT – ABUJA
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – JOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – MAIDUGURI
- University Of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – PHC
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Wellspring University
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Accounting either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the JAMB subject combination for Accounting, WAEC subjects for Accounting including other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.