To study Veterinary Medicine in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the Jamb and Waec subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Veterinary Medicine is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Veterinary Medicine before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Veterinary Medicine
- JAMB Subject Combination for Veterinary Medicine
- Direct Entry Requirements for Veterinary Medicine
- UTME Requirements for Veterinary Medicine
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Veterinary Medicine.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
School With Options
- FUAM (Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi) with an option in Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology, Veterinary Animal Production, Veterinary Anatomy, Veterinary Surgery Physiology, and Pharmacology.
- UNIABUJA with Theriogenology, Veterinary
JAMB Subject Combination for Veterinary Medicine:
WAEC Requirements for Veterinary Medicine:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
Direct Entry Requirements for Veterinary Medicine:
- A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology, Physics or Mathematics
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Veterinary Medicine. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s FREE.
Nigerian Universities Offering Veterinary Medicine:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT – UNIABUJA
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State – FUNAAB
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Veterinary Medicine either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.