To study Electrical and Electronics Engineering in any NUC accredited university in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please read carefully the terms of registration for the JAMB subject combination for Electrical and Electronics Engineering below. If you meet the prerequisite requirements, you can proceed to the UTME / Direct Entry registration.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject combination for Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
O’Level Subjects combination for Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language, and any other Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirement for Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Electrical and Electronics Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s completely FREE.
Universities Offering Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State – AUE
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Air Force Institute Of Technology, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City, Edo State – BIU
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – CRUTECH
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University -EKSU
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State – FUNAAB
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State – FUPRE
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – FUTA
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State – FED-OTUOKE
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State – KSUSTA
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State – MAUTY
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno State – NAUB
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State – NDA
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State – ODUDUWA
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Taraba State University, Jalingo, Taraba State – TSUJ
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.