To study Nursing/Nursing Science in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Nursing/Nursing Science is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science
- Direct Entry Requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science
- UTME Requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
JAMB UTME Requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science:
WAEC Requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and English Language
Direct Entry Requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Biology/ Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics plus three (3) other ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, and English Language.
- NRN or its approved equivalent plus five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and four (4) Science subjects chosen from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Hygiene, Health Science, Further Mathematics and General Science
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Nursing/Nursing Science. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s FREE.
Nigerian Universities Offering Nursing/Nursing Science:
Below are all the accredited institutions offering Nursing/Nursing Science in Nigeria. Kindly click on any of the universities you wish to apply for to see their requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science and other courses.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State – AUE
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Atiba University, Oyo, Oyo State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- National Open University Of Nigeria, Lagos State – NOUN
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences, Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State – OSUMS
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- Rhema University, Aba, Abia State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – PHC
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Nursing/Nursing Science through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.