Last Updated on April 23, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Civil Engineering in any NUC accredited university in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Civil Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please read carefully the terms of registration for the JAMB Subject Combination for Civil Engineering below. If you meet the prerequisite requirements, you can proceed to the UTME / Direct Entry registration.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Civil Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Civil Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Civil Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Civil Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Civil Engineering
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Civil Engineering:
WAEC Requirements for Civil Engineering:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language and any other relevant Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements for Civil Engineering:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least a minimum of;
- ‘A’ level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
- National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) (Upper credit) at appropriate levels.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Civil Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT IS COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Civil Engineering:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State – AUE
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Air Force Institute Of Technology, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State – Bayero
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City, Edo State – BIU
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – CRUTECH
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State – FUNAAB
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – FUTA
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State – KSUSTA
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State – MAUTY
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno State – NAUB
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State – NDA
- Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- Taraba State University, Jalingo, Taraba State – TSUJ
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.