Last Updated on December 5, 2021 by Spynaija
Akwa Ibom State University, fondly called AKSU is located at Ikot Akpaden in Mkpat Enin Local Government of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, it was established on October 18, 2000, at Uyo, the state’s capital by the then Governor of Akwa Ibom State, HE, Arc (Obong) Victor Attah. Arc (Obong) Victor Attah inaugurated a committee for the establishment of the University, the university is funded and managed by the Akwa Ibom State Government. Being a giant project, the university was completed by the succeeding Governor of the State, HE, God’s will Obot Akpabio.
The Akwa Ibom State University’s main campus is located at Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin L.G.A, while the second campus “Abak Campus” as it is fondly called is situated at Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam L.G.A. The University admitted its pioneer students in the 2010/2011 academic year. With an estimated student population of around 25,600 spread across its six (6) faculties. AKSU offers various undergraduate degree courses/programs.
AKSU courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
- JAMB CBT accredited centres in Akwa Ibom State
- List Of Courses Offered In University of Uyo (Uniuyo)
- JAMB Brochure (Check the requirements for any course of your choice)
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
AKSU Admission Requirements
General Admission Requirements
- The minimum entry requirements for admission into Akwa Ibom State University are credit passes in 5 subjects at the SSCE/GCE O’ Level/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent obtained at not more than two sittings. The subjects passed must include English Language, Mathematics and other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
- Candidates are also to note that there are other requirements that may be specific to a College and/or a Programme.
Candidates applying to Akwa Ibom State University should note the following:
- Candidates must have sat for the current year Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and attained the prescribed cut-off marks as a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian Universities.
- Applicants are strongly advised to ensure that their UTME subject combination qualifies them for their chosen programme at Akwa Ibom State University.
- Candidates who did not choose Akwa Ibom State University in the current year UTME are free to apply for admission into the University
- In addition to the above, Akwa Ibom State University conducts a Post UTME Screening Exercise for all candidates seeking admission into the University. Applicants may, however, not be admitted without fulfilling the demands of the screening exercise.
Would you like to know a list of AKSU Courses and requirements you can enrol in? Below is a list of all NUC accredited courses offered at Akwa Ibom State University AKSU.
AKSU Courses and Requirements
Below are all the accredited AKSU Courses and Requirements Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Agric-Economics And Extension.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Animal Science.
- Applied Geophysics.
- Biological Sciences
- Business Administration.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Education And Biology.
- Education And Chemistry.
- Education And Integrated Science.
- Education And Mathematics.
- Education And Physics.
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- English And Literary Studies.
- Fisheries And Aquaculture.
- Genetics And Biotechnology.
- History And International Studies.
- Information And Communication Technology.
- Marine Biology.
- Marine Engineering.
- Mass Communication.
- Mathematics And Statistics.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Performing Arts.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Political Science.
- Public Administration.
- Religious Studies.
- Soil Science.
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree program at Akwa Ibom State University either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
The purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that the candidates admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program.
In this article, we provided a list of all accredited AKSU Courses including the admission requirements and some helpful information for prospective students. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.