Last Updated on January 23, 2023 by Spynaija
The Obafemi Awolowo University, or OAU, as it is fondly called, is an internationally recognized Nigerian university located in the ancient city of Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. Obafemi Awolowo University offers various undergraduate courses and programs. The aim of this article is to walk you through the various OAU courses and requirements you need to know as an intending aspirant.
The Obafemi Awolowo University courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (universities) in Nigeria.
The aim of university academic programs is to provide a solid and broad university foundation on which to base future intellectual and professional activities at the undergraduate level. The university, therefore, offers accredited programs or courses and officially recognized degree programs such as undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies in various fields.
- OAU Cut-Off Marks For all Courses
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Master’s Degrees
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities In Nigeria
OAU Admission Requirements
Below are the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) general admission requirements. Interested applicants are advised to take note.
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Applicants with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, or approved equivalents.
- Interested applicants must score at least 200 pass marks in JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Candidates who made the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife their first choice in the UTME
- Candidates who scored at least 200 and above in UTME
- Candidates must participate in OAU POST-UTME
Would you like to know a list of Obafemi Awolowo University courses and their requirements that you can enroll in? Below is a list of all NUC-accredited OAU courses and requirements you need to know.
OAU Courses and Requirements
Below are all the accredited OAU courses and requirements. Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Accountancy / Accounting
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Applied Geophysics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science with (Economics) (Mathematics)
- Computer Science With Economics
- Computer Science with Mathematics
- Crop Production And Protection
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Dentistry and Dental Technology
- Drama / Dramatic / Performing Arts
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and Geography / Physics
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Language Arts
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Music
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Social Studies
- Education and Yoruba
- Education Fine and Applied Arts
- Educational Management
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- English Language
- Estate Management
- Family, Nutrition, and Consumer Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- Home Economics and Education
- Industrial Chemistry
- Integrated Science / Mathematics Education
- International Relations
- Linguistics and African Languages
- Literature in English
- Local Government Administration
- Local Government Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Medicine and Surgery
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Nutrition And Consumer Services
- Physical and Health Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Soil Science
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), through direct entry, or through the pre-degree program.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided the official list of all OAU courses, admission requirements, and some valuable information for prospective students. Has this article provided the answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
If you think this post might be helpful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, or WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are Buttons available for that below and they are very easy to use!