Last Updated on January 29, 2023 by Spynaija
To study agriculture at any NUC-accredited university in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Agriculture is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Knowing the conditions, as well as the required JAMB subject combination, will assist you and provide you with a proper guide to applying for it without difficulty; it will also assist you in avoiding unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB subject combination for agriculture before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or direct entry for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Agriculture
- JAMB Subject Combination for Agriculture
- Direct Entry Requirements for Agriculture
- UTME Requirements for Agriculture
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Agriculture
It should be noted that English is required for all UTME courses.
JAMB Subject Combination for Agriculture:
- And either Physics or Mathematics.
WAEC Requirements for Agriculture:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes including;
- English Language
- Agricultural Science
- Chemistry, and any one of Mathematics, Physics,
Geography and Economics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Agriculture:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least two (2) A-level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology, and Mathematics (Could be Pure & Applied).
Universities Offering Agriculture:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa State – ADSU
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State – Bayero
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City, Edo State – BIU
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun State
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – CRUTECH
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- The Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- The Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State – Fed-Dutse
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State – KSUSTA
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State – Landmark
- The Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State – PLASU
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT -ABUJA
- The University Of Africa, Toru-Orua, Bayelsa State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- The University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- The University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – PHC
- The University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Wesley University, Ondo, Ondo State
You can enroll in the bachelor’s degree programs in agriculture either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by direct entry, or through the pre-degree program.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
If you think this post might be useful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, or WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are buttons available for that below, and they are very easy to use!