To study Law in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Law is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Law before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Law
- JAMB Subject Combination for Law
- Direct Entry Requirements for Law
- UTME Requirements for Law
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
JAMB UTME Requirements for Law
Applicants are advised to note that, Use of English is compulsory for all the courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course of study.
JAMB Subject Combination for Law:
- English Language
- And any three (3) relevant Social Science or Arts subjects.
WAEC Requirements for Law:
- Interested applicants are expected to acquire at least a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in WASSCE/NECO/GCE or its equivalent to include English Language, Literature in English, and Mathematics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Law:
- You need at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes either in Arts or relevant Social Science subjects.
- NCE/ND/First Degree (Second Class Lower)
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to the JAMB Brochure for 2021/2022 for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Law. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want to, it is completely FREE.
Universities Offering Law in Nigeria:
Below are all the accredited institutions offering Law in Nigeria. Kindly click on any of the universities you wish to apply for to see their requirements for Law and other courses.
- Abia State University -ABSU
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State -AAUA
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State -ABUAD
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State -AAU
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City, Edo State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State
- Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University -COOU
- Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State -DELSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology -ESUTECH
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State -IMSU
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University -JABU
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos State -NOUN
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- Obafemi Awolowo University -OAU
- Osun State University
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu, Enugu State
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology -RSUST
- Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University
- University of Abuja, Abuja, FCT
- University of Benin -UNIBEN
- University of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State -UNICAL
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State -UI
- University of Jos, Jos, Plateau State -UNIJOS
- University of Lagos, Lagos State -UNILAG
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State -UNIMAID
- University of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State -UNIPORT
- University of Uyo -UNIUYO
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State
- Veritas University
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided the JAMB Subject combination for Law and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.