The Richest Musicians in Ghana 2021 and their net worth: Over the last decade, the Ghanaian music industry has witnessed what could be termed as a tsunami of growth, this can be attributed to the fast-rising talents erupting across the industry, making impacts with their Singles, Albums and Hit-tracts in both the local and global sphere and raking in hundreds of millions to themselves. So in this article, we are going to be covering the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana in 2021 and their net worth.
- Top 10 richest musicians in Nigeria 2021 and their net-worth
- Top 10 richest people in Nigeria 2021 and their net-worth
- Top 10 Richest African Countries
- Top 10 Tallest Buildings in Nigeria 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Nigeria
- The Most Beautiful Cities In Africa
- Top 10 Highest currencies in the world 2021
- Top 10 Most Developed Countries in Africa
Who are the top 10 Richest Musicians in Ghana 2021 and Their Net Worth?
With an estimated population of over 31 million people, Ghana is the second-most populous nation in West Africa, with one of Africa’s prominent and fastest-growing music industries. One of the things that have earned the industry’s global relevance is their artist’s traditional style of music.
Below is a comprehensive list of the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana in 2021, we had earlier written the list of the top 10 richest musicians in Nigeria in 2021, you would want to check it out.
1. Sarkodie – Net Worth $15 Million
- Full name: Michael Owusu Addo
- Date of birth: 10th July 1988
- Record label: Nedjon Media/SarkCess Music/Duncwills Entertainment
- Estimated Net Worth: $15 Million
Michael Owusu Addo, popularly known by his stage name Sarkodie, is a Ghanaian rapper and entrepreneur. Sarkodie was born on the 10th of July 1988, in Koforidua, Tema, Ghana. Sarkodie is the richest musician in Ghana 2021 with an estimated net worth of $15 million.
Sarkodie is unarguably one of the best rappers in Africa, he is the CEO SarkCess Music. His rap flows and vibes are quite delightful to listen to which oftentimes gives a jaw-dropping experience to his fans across the globe. Sarkodie often raps in his native language Twi, a Ghanaian Language. Sarkodie is often considered a “multifaceted rapper” due to his various musical prowess. Sarkodie has featured some other international acts across Africa, including; Wizkid, R2Bees, Yung L, Shatta Wale, Kwaw Kese, Ball J, Tiwa Savage, DJ Mensah, Jazzi, Ice Prince, Fuse ODG, Castro, Efya, EL, Ace Hood, amongst others.
Some of Sarkodie’s albums include; Makye released in 2009, Highest released in 2017 and Black Love.
Sarkodie Endorsement Deals
Sarkodie has several endorsements deals with various companies, including Brand Ambassador for Samsung Electronics, FanMilk Ghana in 2013, Tigo Telecommunications Ghana in 2013, Standard Chartered Bank and Guinness Ghana Limited.
2. Shatta Wale – Net Worth $11 million
- Full Name: Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr.
- Date of Birth: 17th October 1984
- Record Label: Nedjon Media / SM 4 LYF Records
- Estimated Net Worth: $11 Million
Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr. is a Ghanaian reggae-dancehall artist. He is popularly known by his stage name Shatta Wale, formerly Bandana. Wale was born on 17th October 1984. His best-known single is “Dancehall King”, which led him to win the Artiste of the Year at the 2014 edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards. Shatta Wale is also an actor who has appeared in several films including Never Say Never, The trial of Shatta Wale and Shattered Lives. Wale has collaborated with various international acts like Beyoncé, Skillibeng, Davido, D-Black, Burna Boy, Fuse ODG, Sarkodie and many more
Shatta Wale is the second-richest musician in Ghana 2021 with an estimated net worth of $11 million.
Shatta Wale Endorsements
- In 2014, Wale became a brand ambassador for Guinness Ghana Breweries and the brand ambassador for Rush Energy Drink.
- In September 2017, Kasapreko Company, producers of several alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in Ghana unveiled Shatta Wale as their newest brand ambassador for Storm Energy Drink.
- On 17 November 2017, Shatta Wale signed a deal with Boss Baker Beef Roll as the brand ambassador.
- Infinix Ghana, a smartphone company, on Wednesday, September 11, 2019, announced Shatta Wale as its Brand Ambassador.
3. Okyeame Kwame – Net Worth $8 million
- Full name: Kwame Nsiah Apau
- Date of birth: 17th April 1976
- Place of birth: Kumasi
- Record label: One Mic Entertainment and Owusek Productions
- Estimated Net Worth: $8 Million
Kwame Nsiah-Apau, popularly known by his stage name Okyeame Kwame is a Ghanaian musician, songwriter, creative director and entrepreneur. Kwame was born on 17 April 1976. Kwame runs his own record label One Mic Entertainment and also Firm Bridges Communications, co-founded with his wife.
Okyeame Kwame’s net worth is estimated to be $8 million, placing him amongst the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana in 2021.
Kwame has become an iconic figure for corporate Ghana. He has so far become a brand ambassador for MTN Group, GT Bank and Coca-Cola in Ghana, aside from being appointed the public relations officer of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) from 2012 and the Ghana Music Right Owner (GHAMRO) in 2014.
From 2015, Kwame has was appointed as the ambassador for “My African Union, My Voice” campaign launched by the African Union in Addis Ababa as part of the activities of the “State of the Union” (SoTU) – a Pan-African Civil Society Organizations project which is currently being implemented in African countries including Ghana.
4. Stonebwoy – Net Worth $7million
- Full name: Livingstone Etse Satekla
- Date of birth: 5th March 1988
- Place of birth: Ashaiman
- Record label: Samini Music, Burniton Music Group, Zylofon Media
- Estimated Net Worth: $7 Million
Livingstone Etse Satekla, known by his stage name Stonebwoy, is a Ghanaian Afropop, dance hall and reggae singer. Stonebwoy was born on 5th March 1988. He is the CEO of Burniton Music Group. Stonebwoy is the fourth richest musician in Ghana in 2021 with an estimated net worth of $7 Million
Stonebwoy recorded his first hit song, Climax, under Samini music in 2012, he recorded another song, Ghetto Love, this song earned Stonebwoy massive popularity which earned him the Ghana Music Award nomination.
Stonebwoy has performed alongside acts like Sarkodie, Kwaw Kese, Kranium, Davido, i-Octane, Samini, MJ Donkoh, Becca, Sean Paul, AKA, Burna Boy, Abudebi Zonjon, Beenie Man, Casper Nyovest, Patoranking, Morgan and many more.
Stonebwoy’s net worth is estimated to be $8million, securing him a spot in the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana in 2021.
Stonebwoy’s endorsements include an ambassador of Big Boss, a new energy drink, and also the Tecno mobile Brand ambassador.
5. Becca – Net Worth $6.8 million
- Full Name: Rebecca Akosua Acheampomaa Acheampong
- Date of Birth: 15th August 1984
- Place of Birth: Kumasi
- Record Label: Sony Music Records / Waner Music Norway / EKB Records
- Estimated Net Worth: $6.8 Million
Rebecca Akosua Acheampomaa Acheampong known by her stage name as Becca, is a Ghanaian singer, songwriter and actress. Becca was born on 15th August 1984. Becca first gained recognition as a contestant on the second season of TV3’s annual singing competition Mentor. Becca has performed alongside other international acts like, Hugh Masekela, Kwabena, MI, 2face Idibia, Patoranking, Uhuru and many others
Becca’s net worth is estimated to be $6.8million, making her the 5th richest musician in Ghana in 2021
Becca’s endoresments includes her Goodwill Ambassador for UNAIDS, Glo ambassador. She was also Ghana’s official ambassador for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
6. R2Bees – Net Worth $6.5million
R2Bees is a Ghanaian hip hop and hiplife duo from Tema made up of two cousins, Faisal Hakeem and Rashid Mugeez, the duo who have been together throughout their whole life, lived in the same house and also attended the same primary, junior and senior secondary school in Tema, Ghana.
R2Bees released their first single titled Yawa Gal in 2008, the song was followed up by another hit single titled “I Dey Mad”, in the same year. In 2010 the duo featured one of Nigerian’s top artists Wande Coal, in the song “Kiss Your Hand”.
The duo was nominated at the 2013 BET Awards. In March 2019, the duo released their third studio album Site 15.
The duo has featured top international acts like Sarkodie, Wizkid, Medikal, Davido, Asumadu, Killbeatz, Criss Waddle, Wande Coal, Tinchy Stryder, Adam Ro and many more.
The duo is estimated to be worth $7million making them amongst the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana in 2021.
R2Bees has endorsements deals
R2Bees has endorsements deals with companies including Brand ambassadors for Star beer which was reportedly worth 4 billion, the duo is also brand ambassadors to the Computer and Phones company LG, worth $300,000.
7. Fuse ODG Net Worth – $6 Million
- Full Name: Nana Richard Abiona
- Date of Birth: 2nd December 1988
- Record Label: 3 Beat Records
- Estimated Net Worth: $6 Million
Nana Richard Abiona, better known by his stage name Fuse ODG, is a British-Ghanaian recording artist. Fuse was born on 2nd December 1988, Fuse ODG is best known for his singles “Antenna” and “Dangerous Love”, and for featuring on Major Lazer’s “Light It Up (Remix)”.
Fuse ODG has featured several international acts like Wyclef Jean, Elephant Man, Itz Tiffany, Sarkodie, Wande Coal, Sean Paul, and many more.
Fuse ODG’s net worth is estimated to be $6million placing him at the 7th position of the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana in 2021
8. Daddy Lumba – Net Worth $5 million
Charles Kwadwo Fosu popularly known as Daddy Lumba is a Ghanaian musician from Nsuta Amangoase in the Sekyere Central District, near Mampong in the Ashanti Region. He is regarded by many as the greatest Ghanaian musician of all time. Daddy Lumba was born on 29th September 1964
Daddy Lumba’s net worth is estimated to be $5million making him the 8th richest musician in Ghana in 2021.
9. D-Black – Net Worth $4.5 million
- Full Name: Desmond Kwesi Blackmore
- Date of Birth: 12th January 1986
- Place of Birth: Accra
- Record Label: Black Avenue Music
- Estimated Net Worth: $4.5 Million
Desmond Kwesi Blackmore (born January 12, 1987), known by his stage name D-Black, is a Ghanaian anglophone hip-hop and Afrobeat musician and entrepreneur. As of May 2019 Forbes Africa described him as one of Ghana’s most successful music moguls and “a creative in the numbers game”. He is the CEO of Black Avenue Clothing a design company he founded in 2012. Black Avenue Clothing is a design company, marketer and importer of men and women’s apparel that D-Black owns
D-Black started his music career in 2009 as an independent artist with Kwaku-t, a rap partner. The duo, Kwaku-t and D-Black released different albums, including Target Practice, Music, Love and Life, The Revelation, Lightwork, Hunger & Thirst Mixtape and Smoke & Mirrors E.P.
D-black has feature international acts like Kwaku-T, Castro, Sarkodie, Shatta Wale and Davido
D-Black’s net worth is estimated to be $4.5 million making him the 9th richest musician in Ghana in 2021.
10. Samini – Net worth $4 million
- Full Name: Emmanuel Andrews Samini
- Date of Birth: 22nd December 1981
- Place of Birth: Accra
- Record Label: Samini Musics / K Chero Records
- Estimated Net Worth: $4 Million
Emmanuel Andrews Sammini, popularly known by his stage name Samini (formerly known as Batman Samini), is a Ghanaian Reggae and Dance hall recording artiste from Wa, Ghana. Samini was born on 22nd December 1981 in Accra, Ghana. Samini genre of music is a melodious mixture of high life, dance hall, reggae and hip-hop. He terms his brand of music as the “African dance hall”.
Samini has featured several international acts including; Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Muma Gee, Wizkid, Elivava, Kofi Kinaata, Dizzy Dee, SHE and many more.
Samini’s net worth is estimated to be $4million, placing him at number ten of the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana.
- In 2007 Samini signed an endorsement with MTN, which he terminated after eight years of partnership with the company.
- He is currently a brand ambassador of Liberty Professionals, a contract he signed in 2019.
Above, are the top 10 richest musicians in Ghana in 2021, let’s hear your thoughts in the comment section.