To study Mechanical Engineering in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Mechanical Engineering is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Mechanical Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Mechanical Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Mechanical Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Mechanical Engineering
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering:
WAEC Requirements for Mechanical Engineering:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least a minimum of five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
Direct Entry Requirements for Mechanical Engineering:
Aspiring candidates are expected to possess;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- ND upper credit, NCE technical, and HND in Mechanical Engineering.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Mechanical Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s completely FREE.
Universities Offering Mechanical Engineering:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos, Lagos State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Dominican University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Imo State – EPU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State – GOUU
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State – JABU
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State – SAU
- Tansian University, Oba, Anambra State
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – PHC
- University Of Uyo, Uyo – UNIUYO
- Veritas University, Abuja, FCT
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Mechanical Engineering either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.