Last Updated on May 17, 2022 by Spynaija
WAEC subjects for Petroleum Engineering: Petroleum Engineering is one of the most competitive and most sought-after courses by admission seekers in the country, reasons could be because the Engineering Profession is considered one of the high-in-demand, one of the highly paid and revered professions around the world, thus every academic year, the few tertiary institutions offering the course receive thousands of applicants vying to study Petroleum Engineering, thereby making the course highly competitive.
However, one of the steps to acing in the admission process is having the right information at the right time, so in this article, we have listed the top five (5) WAEC subjects for Petroleum Engineering you need to give preferences to. But then, let’s give you a brief of what being a petroleum engineer entails.
- JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum Engineering
- How to Print JAMB Original Result Slip
- How to Check JAMB result through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution form / Data Correction
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria
What is Petroleum Engineering Course all about?
Petroleum engineering is a branch of engineering involved with the activities related to the extraction and production of hydrocarbon deposits below the Earth’s surface, these hydrocarbons can be either crude oil or natural gas.
What subjects are needed to study Petroleum Engineering?
You need to narrow your focus and attention to these listed five (5) WAEC subjects for Petroleum Engineering. Kindly click on the subjects to see their individual JAMB and Direct entry requirements.
- English Language
- Geography and any one (1) other relevant Science subject.
Listed above are the top five (5) core WAEC subjects for Petroleum Engineering, therefore any deficiency in any of the above mentioned WAEC subjects will automatically disqualify any applicant wishing to study Petroleum Engineering at any Nigerian university.
Interested applicants are expected to acquire a minimum of at least a credit pass in the above subjects, applicants are also expected to perform excellently well in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized annually by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) as a prerequisite requirement for candidates seeking for admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
NUC Accredited Universities To Study Petroleum Engineering
These are all the NUC accredited Nigerian Universities you can apply to study Petroleum Engineering.
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State – FUPRE
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UNIBADAN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
In this article, we provided the top five (5) core WAEC subjects for Petroleum Engineering for all prospective applicants. Is there anything else you think we missed out on? let’s hear your thoughts in the comment section.
Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help on, we will reply to you ASAP!!
Help Us Spread The Word, By Sharing This With Your Friends As You Never Can Tell This Might Be The Information Someone In Your Circle Might Have Been Looking For. Thank You As You Do So.