To study Pure And Applied Chemistry in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Pure And Applied Chemistry is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Pure And Applied Chemistry
- JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry
- Direct Entry Requirements for Pure And Applied Chemistry
- UTME Requirements for Pure And Applied Chemistry
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Pure And Applied Chemistry
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Chemistry:
- And two (2) of either Physics, Biology, or Mathematics.
WAEC Requirements for Pure And Applied Chemistry:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Chemistry, and Biology.
Direct Entry Requirements for Pure And Applied Chemistry:
Interested applicants must acquire any of the following;
- Two (2) A-Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Physics, Mathematics, or Biology.
- ND/NCE with good grades in relevant O Level subjects.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Pure And Applied Chemistry. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Pure and Applied Chemistry:
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State – UNIHEZ
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.