Last Updated on November 13, 2021 by Spynaija
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), made the proposal and the establishment of the Nigeria Maritime University Okerenkoko, in Warri Southwest Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria.
The university was founded in response to a chronic lack of professional human capital and global competitive experience in the maritime industry and economy… If you intend to obtain a degree at this university, here is a complete list of the Nigeria Maritime University courses and requirements.
The University started off with just three (3) Faculties, thirteen (13) Programmes, and Departments, and also a school of Basic studies.
Nigeria Maritime University awards a Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering.
We have compiled an official list of accredited courses offered at Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) to enable potential candidates to learn more about the various accredited courses available at this university. We believe this article will assist potential UTME candidates in choosing the university and courses they would like to study.
NMU Courses are fully accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC) the board overseeing all the tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know a list of NMU Courses and their requirements you can enrol in? Below is a list of all NUC accredited NMU courses and requirements you need to look out for.
NMU Courses and Requirements
Below is a list of all NMU Courses, please kindly click on your choice of course from below to see the detailed requirements.
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum & Gas Engineering
- Marine Economics And Finance
- Nautical Science
- Ports Management
- Transport & Logistics
- Marine Geology
- Environmental Management & Pollution Control
- Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Meteorology & Climate Change
NMU UTME Requirements
- Candidates who are interested in studying at the Nigeria Maritime University must pass the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with a minimum score of at least 180. Candidates who have already been admitted to a tertiary institution in the country cannot apply.
- Applicants must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into the university. If you are not up to 16 yet, you will not be offered admission.
- Candidates are expected to meet the required admission cutoff mark for their respective courses to be offered admission.
- Interested candidates must possess a minimum of at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects in WASSCE, (or it’s equivalent) obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
If you’ve found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided the official NMU Courses and their admission requirements and some valuable information for prospective students. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.