To study Theatre Arts in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Theatre Arts is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Theatre Arts before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Theatre Arts
- JAMB Subject Combination for Theatre Arts
- Direct Entry Requirements for Theatre Arts
- UTME Requirements for Theatre Arts
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Theatre Arts:
- Literature in English and two (2) other relevant subjects.
WAEC Requirements for Theatre Arts:
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English Language and Arts subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Theatre Arts:
- Interested applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes in Arts, Social Sciences or Science subjects.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Theatre Arts. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Nigerian Universities Offering Theatre Arts
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – Iaued
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – Unizik
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State – PLASU
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- University Of Africa, Toru-Orua, Bayelsa State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.