Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Soil Science in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Soil Science is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Soil Science before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Soil Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Soil Science
- Direct Entry Requirements for Soil Science
- UTME Requirements for Soil Science
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Soil Science:
- Or Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
WAEC Requirements for Soil Science:
Interested applicants are required to acquire a minimum of at least five WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Biology or Agricultural Science and any other Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements for Soil Science:
- Interested candidates are expected to acquire a minimum of at least two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one in Zoology/Botany/Agric Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics, and Health Science.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Soil Science. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Soil Science:
- Abia State University -ABSU
- Akwa Ibom State University -AKSU
- Ambrose Alli University -AAU
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University -COOU
- Delta State University -DELSU
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi -FUAM
- Federal University of Technology Minna -FUTMINNA
- Imo State University -IMSU
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike -MOUAU
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology -MAUTECH
- Obafemi Awolowo University -OAU
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology -RSUST
- Salem University -SALEM
- University of Benin -UNIBEN
- University of Calabar -UNICAL
- University of Nigeria -UNN
- University of Uyo -UNIUYO
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology -WUSTO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.