Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Music in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Music is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Music before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Music
- JAMB Subject Combination for Music
- Direct Entry Requirements for Music
- UTME Requirements for Music
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Music:
- Music, one other Arts subject plus any other subject.
WAEC Requirements for Music:
Interested candidates are required to acquire at least five (5) SSC credit passes to include;
- Music and English Language.
Direct Entry Requirements for Music:
- Candidates are expected to acquire a minimum of at least two (2) A-Level passes to include Music.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Music. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Music.
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State – GOU
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Mountain Top University, Makogi-Oba, Ogun State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.