Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Insurance in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Insurance is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Insurance before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Insurance
- JAMB Subject Combination for Insurance
- Direct Entry Requirements for Insurance
- UTME Requirements for Insurance
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
WAEC Requirements for Insurance:
Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Economics plus any two(2) of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography and Statistics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Insurance:
- And one other subject.
Direct Entry Requirements for Insurance:
- Interested applicants are required to acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes chosen from the following;
- Business Management
- Geography or Statistics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Insurance. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Insurance
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State – JABU
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.