Last Updated on April 19, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Health Education in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Health Education is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Health Education before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Health Education
- JAMB Subject Combination for Health Education
- Direct Entry Requirements for Health Education
- UTME Requirements for Health Education
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Health Education
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Health Education:
- Biology and any two(2) relevant subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Health Education:
Interested applicants must acquire either of the following;
- Two (2) A-Level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- NCE merit in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Sanitation, Physical Education, Social work, Health Administration with overall grades of Merit plus three (3) O Level credit passes/TC II merit which should include English Language.
- NCE in Biology, Health Education, and Integrated Science with a pass grade plus two (2) O Level credit passes/TC II merit passes.
- Registered Nurse plus five (5) O Level credit passes to include English Language.
WAEC Requirements for Health Education:
Interested applicants must acquire the following;
- Five (5) WASSCE credit passes including English Language, Biology, or its equivalent.
- Five (5) WASSCE credit passes including English Language and Mathematics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Health Education. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
List Of Universities Offering Health Education:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kwararafa University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Tai Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State – TASUED
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.