To study French in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
French is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for French before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for French
- JAMB Subject Combination for French
- Direct Entry Requirements for French
- UTME Requirements for French
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for French
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for French:
- French and any other two (2) subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
WAEC Requirements for French:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language plus one other Art subject.
Direct Entry Requirements for French:
- Interested candidates must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes including French and one other Art subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for French. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering French in Nigeria:
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Crown Hill University, Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – AUED
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno State – NAUB
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State – NDA
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State – SAU
- Taraba State University, Jalingo, Taraba State – TSUJ
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina, Katsina State – UMYUK
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.