To study Marine Biology in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Marine Biology is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Marine Biology before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Marine Biology
- JAMB Subject Combination for Marine Biology
- Direct Entry Requirements for Marine Biology
- UTME Requirements for Marine Biology
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Marine Biology
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Marine Biology:
- Biology and any two (2) relevant Science subjects
WAEC Requirements for Marine Biology:
Interested applicants must acquire at least a minimum of five (5) WASSCE credit passes at one (1) or two (2) sittings to include;
- English Language and any other Science subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Marine Biology:
- Applicants must acquire at least two (2) A Level passes in Biology and Chemistry.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Marine Biology. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Marine Biology in Nigeria:
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
If you think this post might be useful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are Buttons available for that below and they are very easy to use!