To study Crop Science in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Crop Science is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Crop Science before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Crop Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Crop Science
- Direct Entry Requirements for Crop Science
- UTME Requirements for Crop Science
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Crop Science
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Crop Science:
WAEC Requirements for Crop Science
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and one Science/Social Science subject and at least O Level pass in Physics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Crop Science
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science/Botany/Zoology or Physics/Mathematics/Economics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Crop Science. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Crop Science:
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Crop Science through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.