To study Library and Information Science in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Library and Information Science is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Library and Information Science before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Library and Information Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Library and Information Science
- Direct Entry Requirements for Library and Information Science
- UTME Requirements for Library and Information Science
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Library and Information Science:
- Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects.
WAEC Requirements for Library and Information Science:
Interested candidates are expected to acquire a minimum of five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- And any three (3) other relevant Arts/Science/Social Science subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Library and Information Science:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subject plus the UTME requirements.
- NCE merit in relevant subjects.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Library and Information Science. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’s FREE.
Universities Offering Library and Information Science.
- Abia State University – ABSU
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Bauchi State University – BASU
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Baze University
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Delta State University– DELSU
- Ekiti State University – EKSU
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Imo State University– IMSU
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State – KSUSTA
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Koladaisi University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Tai Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State – TASUED
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina, Katsina State – UMYUK
- University Of Abuja, FCT
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano, Kano State
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.