Last Updated on November 27, 2022 by Spynaija
The Fruit Picker job is one of the easiest jobs in Canada. Interestingly it often comes with free VISA Sponsorship. A “Fruit Picker” as the name implies is generally an individual whose sole responsibility is to gather and select harvested farm produce (fruits, vegetables, etc) from farms and orchards.
In this article, we will hold you by the hand and show you some of our hand-picked fruit picker jobs in Canada with VISA sponsorship for 2023.
So, what is my Job as a Fruit Picker in Canada?
Well, I’m glad you asked. This is how it works. Once the picking and gathering phase is completed, they are carefully packed and packaged. The Truck drivers will then transport the fruits and vegetables to the market for sale.
Canada has a low population density which has negatively impacted both the filled and domestic workforce in the country. This has prompted the Canadian government to throw its doors open to foreign nationals to take up some jobs in the country. This is in other to meet the country’s 2023-2025 immigration plan of welcoming a total of 465,000 new permanent residents in 2023, 485,000 in 2024, and 500,000 in 2025.
Apart from the fruit picking jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship, some other popular positions needed to fill by these immigrants include; Truck drivers, classroom teachers, plumbers, caregivers, artisans, locksmiths, etc.
Typically, a fruit picker in Canada earns between $14 – $20 per hour and approximately $29,600 annually. While some experienced ones earn as high as $32, 100 per year.
Details About Fruit Picker Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship
- Job Country: Canada
- Industry: Agriculture
- Job Type: Fruit Picker
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No Age Limit
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Salary: $14-20/Hour
Who can Apply?
Your nationality or race does not matter at all. Just so you know, these jobs are being taken up mostly by foreign nationals mostly from countries like Kenya, the Philippines, Ghana, the UAE (United Arab Emirates), Nigeria, South Africa, India, Cameroon, Pakistan, etc. You can apply no matter where you are from.
Types of Fruit Picking Jobs Available
Below are some of the types of fruits you will get to pick.
- Raspberries, and more.
Hand-Picked Fruit Picking Jobs you can apply for right now.
We hand-picked these ten (10) companies for you. While some of them employ seasonal workers, some employ full-time workers to join their workforce for a longer time. Click through any of their links to apply and start your preparation for Canada.
- BC Cherry Association – On this page, you will find several Cherry-picking jobs to choose from in British Columbia.
- BC Fruit Grower Association – All you need to do is to send them an email containing your CV, and they will help you get some fruit-picking job placements in British Columbia.
- Jealous Fruits Recruitment – This is a family-owned and operated cherry cultivation business in Thompson-Okanagan, British Columbia. Assist them in picking, packing, and shipping their cherries all over the world while earning a competitive income. Typically, they harvest from early July until late August or early September (6-8 weeks). They often offer accommodations to their workers though it comes with charges.
- Carcajou Fruit – Cherry picking is hot, difficult, and exhausting, but it can also be immensely rewarding if done correctly. The season runs from the end of June until the end of August. To qualify for this job, you must have acquired a Canadian work permit as they don’t offer jobs to foreigners without a verifiable work permit. You can find out How to get a Canadian work permit HERE
- Old Tower Farm— They hire Canadians or those with valid work permits as seasonal agricultural workers each year to work on their organic farm.
- McLean and Buckhorn Berry Farm – Own transportation is required since there is no public transport available.
- Barrie Hill Farms
- Downey’s Strawberry & Apple Farm
- Albion Orchards
- Dixie Orchards
Below are some other links where you can explore and apply for any fruit picker job of your choice in Canada.
In this article, we provided everything you need to know about Fruit Picker Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship. Take your time to read through and apply for any of the openings after which you click HERE to apply for your VISA sponsorship.
Don’t forget to leave us a comment should in case you need any assistance from us and we will be more than happy to aid through.
Also, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.