Looking to advance your studies in an affordable, conducive and high-quality education standard? Canada ranks as one of the top destinations for international students seeking to further their studies at the postgraduate levels. In this article, we have compiled a list of cheap universities in Canada for Masters degree programmes for international students.
- Top 10 cheap universities for international students
- Cost of Living in Canada for International Students
1. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $3,000
- Degree Programs: Large variety of Master’s and Doctorate programs both in-person and online, in fields of Humanities & Social Sciences, Professional Programs, Interdisciplinary Programs, and Sciences.
The Memorial University of Newfoundland with a tuition fee for a masters program starting from as low as $3000. The Memorial University of Newfoundland is located in St. Johns which is one of the cheapest places to live in Canada.
The Memorial University of Newfoundland is one of the cheap universities in Canada for a masters degree programme. International students at the Memorial University of Newfoundland here are charged a tuition fee of $11,460 for degree programmes. Click here to visit the institution’s official website to view that graduate courses
2. University of Northern British Columbia
- Location: Prince George, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,397
- Degree Programs: MBA, MSc, MEd, MEng, MScN, MSW, Graduate Certificates, and Doctorate programs
The University of Northern British Columbia offers postgraduate degrees and certificate programs including MBA, MSc, MEd, MEng, MScN, MSW, Graduate Certificates, and Doctorate programs all at very affordable fees.
Though tuition fees are often reviewed annually, you can always find out any possible changes from the institution’s official graduate program page on their school website.
3. University of Calgary
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Tuition: $3,693
- Degree Programs: Offers course-based and research-based Masters and Doctorate degrees in a variety of subjects.
As one of the cheapest universities in Canada for postgraduate degrees, the University of Calgary offers a range of masters degree programs starting at approximately $3,693.
The school offers course-based and research-based masters and doctoral degrees in a variety of subjects across a range of academic fields. Click here to visit the institution’s official website to view that graduate courses
4. Simon Fraser University
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,793
- Degree Programs: Variety of graduate programs in Applied Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Communication, Art & Technology, Education, Environment, Health Sciences, and Science.
Simon Fraser University ranks as one of the most affordable universities in Canada for the master’s program.
The university charges her students a considerable tuition fee that is quite affordable for her international students. The Master’s degree program at Simon Fraser University starts at a tuition fee as low as $3,793 but this amount varies slightly across programs.
Simon Fraser University has a variety of graduate programs that cut across various fields of study such as; Applied Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Communication, Art & Technology, Education, Environment, Health Sciences, and Science. Click here to visit the institution’s official website to view that graduate courses
5. University of Saskatchewan
- Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Tuition: $4,358
- Degree Programs: Over 80 Masters and Doctorate degrees. Specializing in research and medical fields.
The University of Saskatchewan is no doubt one of the cheapest universities in Canada for Masters degree programs. With a postgraduate’s degree tuition fee starting from as low as $4,358 with over 80 master’s and doctorate degree programmes available, specializing in research and medical fields.
6. University of the People
Degree Programs: Associate, Bachelor, Master (Business Administration, Education, Computer Science and Health Science)
The University of the People, UoPeople as it is fondly called is a US-accredited online university. UoPeople makes it possible for anyone who wishes to advance his/her education journey either through the Associate, Bachelor or Masters degree’s programme to study anywhere and at any time!
Kindly click HERE to visit the University of the People’s official website to learn more about the institutions’ admission process and requirements.
We believe this was a helpful piece, please kindly click on the various institution’s official websites for further clarifications regarding anything else you’d like to know.